Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wednesday... Back to work day!

I am back at working on my newsletter today. No sewing for me for the next few days. BUT...

The Boys of Summer are back, the first game was last night. I am pre-scheduling this blog, so I can't give you any details but I can tell you BASEBALL IS BACK! and my Blue Jays are planning to be the best team in the league!  Sorry Laila...

With Baseball comes some heavy hitting Hexi's! I am working on a Christmas table cloth made from little hexi's and the best part of sitting in front of the TV night after night watching the boys in Blue is the chance to get lots of my hexi's ready to be sewn into a quilt.  Pictures to follow...

Today's Question:

Is your binding sewn to your quilt with a...
a) 1/4" seam allowance
b) 3/8" seam allowance
c) 1/2 inch seam allowance.

Please explain why you use the seam allowance you use.

I didn't have a chance to find any more binding blogs, for yesterday, so I will try and get back here before this gets posted with a few more and my thoughts on them.

I HAVE to work on my "Quilters' Blog Hop Resource Guide" for April... wow... that's a mouthful! Maybe I will just call it "My Blog Hop Resource". Well, you may have to wait till the 15th to find out the new name...

Here's some things I found on the web...

1) To late for Easter but too cute not to mention. These coloured devilled eggs would be a hit any time of the year.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

1/4" because that is what my techer taught me LOL....

Thanks teach!

Unknown said...

I almost always use a 1/4" seam allowance when sewing on binding, but a year or so ago I watched the video on you tube called Binding the angel by Sharon Schamber and she folds her bindings in thirds and calculates from that how wide a seam allowance she needs. I have been trying it, and it mostly comes out 3 needle positions from the right on my machine, so that is what I have been using. its somewhere between 1/4 and 3/8th. My binding is a little wider, but I like that the seam allowance fills the binding every time!

AimeeDP said...

1/4", but then i trim a little of the bulk before i turn it to the back, sometimes i make a mistake and cut too close then my binding is uneven and too skinny, oh well, you won't see it from the 401!