Thursday, April 11, 2013

Smile... there is a Blue Jay in my bird feeder


Sew we quiltOK, so that's not so unusual, but I have been thinking about my project for the  "Its for the Birds' Blog Hop" (I am in it so make sure you watch for me!)  that happens between May 7th and 15th. I have been watching the birds at my feeder and I have some brilliant ideas... I just need to get a few things out of the way first.


Blue Jays

  1. My Newsletter is due out on Monday and my head feels like fuzz. But I plan to get it out on time. If you haven't seen it, you can see a free copy of it by sending an email to subscribe@notionnanny.com  My friends think its more of a reference guide, so I plan to change the name of it in the next few months, but it won't be this month. 
  2. I need to get better! I hate flu. Its so unpredictable.
  3. I have to spend time with my grandchildren. I haven't seen most of them for almost 2 weeks. 

Mini Log Cabin
My Mini Log Cabin
Such a great story about this quilt. I was at Value Village (second hand store)  a few months ago and I found this mini quilt and bought it for $8.00. I would have paid more if they asked for it because it was my quilt.

I had made this quilt about 8 years ago for a mini Quilt Auction and it sold for about $80 dollars. (highly overpriced but the money went to a good cause. I guess the buyer got sick of it because they sent it to Value Village. And now it is home. I have a picture of its mate, a work in progress, which was also sold at the same time. Life is funny sometimes!

Mini Log cabin
My Mini Log Cabin, two!


Things I found on the web today:

  1. I have heard about Monkey bread but had no clue what it was. I found this recipe for it on line yesterday and thought I would share in case you didn't know what monkey bread was either.
  2. Here's a quick tutorial on making a memo board from Sew Many Ways.

2 comments:

AimeeDP said...

Monkey bread looks like poo....but it sounds yummy!
I can't believe you found that quilt, so cool, i once found a book that used to belong to me at a used book store when i went looking for the same darn book i used to own and it actually had my name in it...did your mini quilt have a label?

Peggy said...

How nice that your quilt came home again! Hmmm....maybe labels should say 'if this quilt no longer has a home, call.....'