Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Inklingo, and another question.

Inklingo has started a new mystery, only they are doing it backwards. First of all they are showing you the end.. Then back to the beginning to learn how to do it.. If you have never done an Inklingo project, this would be a great time to try it out! I am still finishing the last mystery but I love the look of this one so I think I will try it out too. Follow the link below to get the instructions:

http://www.lindafranz.com/blog/inklingo-periwinkle-quilt-lesson-part-1/


Spent another day in bed yesterday, and although I didn't do much more than sleep most of the day, I did have some lucid moments on my iPad. I found something that caught my interest, only because I have so much I would rather be doing at this moment in time and this lady is doing something I would never be able to do. It's kind of amazing!
http://tinyhaus.blogspot.ca/

Today's question...

After your binding is applied, do you...
a) whip stitch it down in back
b) ladder stitch it down in back.
c) machine stitch it down from the back
d) machine stitch it down from the front
e) another method. Please explain!

I am getting up today! I am not feeling a lot better yet, but I did manage to wake up without a fever today. This flu/cold has knocked the stuffing out of me. But hopefully I am on the mend. I opened my bedroom window when I woke up and have had a beautiful serenade from the birds for the last half hour. I am so glad spring has finally sprung!

Here's a little quilt picture I made of my son a few years ago. The instructions were from a Quilt University course I took.  It is a perfect likeness. I planned to make more.. But the best laid plans of mice and men...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Your quilt is fantastic! I hope you are feeling better! I was told you blind stitch your bind down on the back. First I sew it on the front and fold it over! Yes Spring I hope it hangs around! Get well!