Sunday, March 24, 2013

Saturday Sewing

Yesterday was a great sewing day!

Only problem was that it was also a great chatting day. Between the chatting, with my friends at our little sewing groups sew day, I did manage to sew three more rows on my Kaffe quilt.



The hardest part of sewing this quilt has been putting the blocks into rows in the right colour sequences. At first I used sticky dots but they kept falling off and, it became very difficult to keep track of which blocks came next. So I took flower head pins in all the same colour and marked them 1 to 40 with a permanent marker. Now I just pin the blocks in order and the pins stay put until I am finished sewing. So far it has worked perfectly.






I bound my two little Easter mug rugs and my granddaughters little Easter wall hanging.

 
 
And



I cut out about 100 small hexi's for my Christmas tablecloth and last but not least I put together a quilt I started 3 years ago.





So I guess it was a successful sew day!


10 interesting things I found on the web today!

1.     Recipe: Samelia's Mom has a great recipe for making popcorn in the microwave in a paper bag.

2.     Free Pattern:   Sweet and Sassie baby quilt pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew.

3.     Ideas: Here's an idea that I found at Ruby Blue Quilting Studio. Instead of a plain back she made extra blocks from the design on the front  and bordered the back with them.

4.    BOW: Road to Round Rock #4 has been posted by Patchwork Times

5.    Free Pattern: A Spoonful of Sugar has a free pattern for a gathered round basket in three sizes.

6.    Free Pattern: Moda Bake Shop posted a new pattern... Spring Rainbows Quilt.

7.    Mystery Quilt: If you want a clue about how the InkLingo Mystery will end, check out Quilt Obsession! It looks like it is going to be beautiful!

8.   Tutorial: Here's an interesting little quilt tutorial from ReannaLilly designs. I love it!

9.   Patterns to buy... A year of Mini Quilts by Amy Heaton.

10. Free pattern: Baby's Travel chair pattern.

All of these and MORE can be found in the April Edition of My Blog Hop Reference Guide which will be available April 15th.











No comments: