Sunday, March 17, 2013

International Quilt Day

The March Newsletter is available now! Go to www.notionnanny.com/Newsletter.html to learn how you can get your free copy.



Before you start a sew-a-thon you need to fortify your body! I did that with my Oatmeal Recipe!

3 tbsp oats
3 tbsp apple sauce
1 tsp (or more) of cinnamon
2 tbsp of raisins
2 tbsp of Chia seeds
And 1/2 cup of water

Stir it up and put it in the microwave for 2 - 3 minutes on high. Add coconut milk to cool and eat it up!


Thimbleberries "Safe Haven". Block 1

Making a 20" block takes longer than, 15 minutes, which is how long I planned to spend on this block. Add that to the 30 half square triangles (which are not a favorite of mine) and it was two hours before I was done!


Although I must admit, I was interrupted by a FaceTime call from my granddaughter who wanted to share her families mini vacation with me. We had a little tour of her "amazing" hotel room. It's amusing to me the things that entertain a seven year old.

And In between all the half square triangles, a few friends and I, started an iPhone-A-thon so we could keep in touch with each other while we sewed.

After lunch, I started one of the Easter projects from my March Newsletter,  I wasn't really pleased with my fabric choices so I probably will make it again. But not today.


http://fredashive.blogspot.ca/2013/03/easter-bunny-blog-hop-egg-cups.html

 
After I was finished piecing my runner, I made two little mug mats using the egg cup pattern. The great thing about the mug rugs is that I get to practice my Domestic machine quilting. I have been a longarm quilter for 10 years, so believe it or not, quilting on my little Bernina is very hard! But I am getting there.

Mug Rugs


Then it was supper time! And after I ate, any thoughts of returning to the sewing room were gone! I had good intentions to go back and do some paper piecing blocks. It didn't happen!

But to end the night off, I went and enjoyed one of my favorite videos.

http://www.nfb.ca/film/quilt/

Enjoy!






No comments: