Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

Today is a busy day. we are off to church this morning for the celebration! And then home to cook and prepare for Easter dinner and Egg fights... there will be pictures!

Question 5

Do you
a) press your binding in half before you stitch it to the edge of your quilt or
b) do you just fold it in half and sew it to the edge of your quilt.

Hmmmmm, interesting.... Very Interesting. Can't wait to her your responses!

If you are a friend of a follower, just coming on board because your friend told you I said you should come comment on my little quiz, then please "Join this Site" so I know you are here. How fun would it be to have lots of joiners!

And even though I have pre-scheduled this blog for today, because I am really busy (at least I think I will be, since today is only Wednesday and you are reading this Sunday) doing Easter stuff with my family, I hope you will comment, if not today, hopefully tomorrow, so I will have some answers to this very interesting question!


Things I found on the net today...

1.  Neck tie apron.  Picture only, but how interesting is this.

2.  Here is another one.

3.  Went to check out a commenters blog and found this recipe for microwaved Rice Krispie squares. 

4.  I found these great printable fabric tags. I could have used these a few weeks ago. I have a small bit of fabric that I would love to have more of, but I have no idea where I got it or what it is called.  These tags would have helped!

8 comments:

bukaus said...

I press in half first, makes adding the binding just a little more mindless, sometimes I just need some mindless sewing.

Cathi said...

I press it in half first - makes it faster and easier to stitch it on.

Unknown said...

I used to press in half first but I discovered that the fold was not always exact when I did that and sometimes it caused a"ruffle" in my binding. Now I lays fold as I attach and press after it is attached. It's a little bit more in icky, but I am more happy with my binding.

Unknown said...

Finicky. Not in icky. Sometimes I hate auto correct. Lol

Norma said...

I have always folded and pressed before sewing. But now that I think about it, I don't know why. It is just like one of my co-workers used to say, "it's always been done this way."

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I fold and press. I like having the crisp edge to line up with the edge of quilt since I don't like to pin.

Gico said...

I also fold and press the binding before sewing to my quilt.

AimeeDP said...

iron in half, i love ironing!