Friday, February 22, 2013

Robin Strobel

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow! What a Ride!’”

—Hunter S. Thompson

This morning, while wandering through my many blogs I read for my newsletter, (www.notionnanny.com/newsletter.html) I happened on my Martingale Press blog where there was a dedication to Robin Strobel. She was, it appears, a valuable member of the Martingale team, who passed away this past December.

While reading the wonderful stories that her colleagues wrote, It became apparent that she was not only a great quilter, influential in the quilting community, but a person who truly gave of herself...

Her quilts were well beyond their time and like most great artists, I wondered how many people had actually heard of her beyond her community of work and home. Martingale is offering her two ebooks for free until the 25th of February, and I did download them both. (Way at the bottom of the email, there was a little note about that.) I might have missed it, but I was glued to the picture painted of this wonderful person that will be greatly missed by her quilting community.

Here's a link to the blog, so you can read about her too...

http://blog.shopmartingale.com/quilting-sewing/remembering-robin-strobel/

Thanks Martingale for the opportunity to meet Robin!


No comments: