Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WIP Wednesday

It's WIP Wednesday and all around blog land, people are WIPing. (Is that a word?). So today I tried a little WIPing myself. Assuming WIP = Work In Progress, here's my progress...

I am trying to finish my paper pieced quilt before Monday night. Today I ripped paper off 48 blocks... Not my favorite part! (Come to think of it, none of paper piecing has been my favorite part, until now!) But while I was doing it, I took a picture of my paper scraps bag, because this year, I am really trying to go paperless. Impossible to do with " paper" piecing. But ordinarily I would throw the paper in the garbage. Today I made sure I put it in the recycle bag I keep in my sewing room for paper from my shredder.


The shredder is a new addition to my sewing room in my attempt to go paperless. I have been scanning all those pages I have printed out in the past and then shredding the paper to go in the recycle. Since the first of January I have managed to almost fill the bag and today I helped that cause. There is a lot of paper in 48 paper pieced blocks.

Thank goodness that job is done. The blocks are all sewn together now, and tomorrow I will be putting borders on the quilt. Mondays finish is looking pretty realistic to me right now.

I will post a picture here Tuesday of the finished quilt. Don't want to spoil the fun for my friends at Niftys

!




No comments: