Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mid Month Hump!

I cannot believe today is the 16th of January. I mean seriously! What happened to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc..  Oh yes I remember... I have had this wicked cold. Just about taken everything right out of me.

I have been way too busy with a little project and today is my January mid-month check-in linky party  over at Fiber Of all Sorts.  Remember, way way back on the first I accept the challenge to finish this project by the end of the month and today is the day they are checking to see if I have done anything!

Well I have. I had all the hexies covered in fabric and half of the circle sewn together at the beginning of the month. Now I have the whole circle sewn together and pinned to the background. All that is left is to blind stitch the circle to the background, Quilt and Bind and I am done...and I have 15 days left... hmmmmmmm

My Quilt, half way done.
 
Wow.. it really looks like a ball in that picture. I have one fabric I am not happy with, but once it is basted onto the background I am going to paint it with fabric paint to make it work better. (its that silly yellow, midway on the right).
 
 
Anyway the reason I have gotten so far behind is because I have been busy hatching a plan. Never a dull moment around here. I am publishing a newsletter that after months of preparation and hours of reading blogs, newsletters and many websites, I have filled the pages of my newsletter with sites you can go visit for specific things. I would be thrilled if you checked it out at www.notionnanny.com

The other great news,is that I am so excited to say that I am hitting a big target in my life. Last Christmas I weighed well over 200 pounds and with a lot of effort I am about to do something I haven't done in 30+ years. I weighed in this morning at 170.5... look out 160's cause here I come!!!!  So Exciting!   Well for me anyway. LOL

OK.. Off to sew (sitting in a nice easy chair with my feet up) I go!

2 comments:

Alli said...

It does look like a ball, but that's why I think it's so neat! :) Great job!

Liz DandeliondD said...

Popping by from the Mid Month link up over at Lovely Year of Finishes.
Such fun!
Great progress.
Kind regards
Liz DandeliondD
xxxx