Thursday, January 31, 2013

Busy Day

I got really hung up on a couple of things today and although I have a huge list of things I need to do, I spent most of the day doing stuff I wanted to do. Big difference but... boy I did a lot today.

I made 3 towel toppers, which I love. This was so easy and I really wished I had seen this tutorial http://kleiosbelly.wordpress.com/2010/01/04/christmas-prezzies-6-1-for-you/  a long time ago. These were so easy and probably took an hour to make all three. And I should have taken a picture, they look awesome in my kitchen.


Then, I went off on another little trip making these wonderful little bags from http://www.patchworkposse.com/blog/2013/01/zipper-bag-tutorial-52-ufo-quilt-block-pick-up/

This is such a fabulous idea I am really ticked I didn't think of it myself... Oh not the bags really, but the idea behind the bags. Becky is designing a little project every week to use up those Orphan blocks that we all have and don't know what to do with. And I am going to try every one of them. These bags were amazingly easy although I decided after the first one to bind them instead of turning them, but none the less they were fun to make and I have some great ideas for using them. And don't think for a minute that I couldn't make 52 projects with Orphan blocks. I can and I will!!!!


I didn't finish my UFO Challenge for this month. I have it all done but not quilted. I didn't have a piece of white or off white or light or anything fabric to put on the back to quilt it. This cold has tied me pretty close to the house so I haven't been into town to shop, but tomorrow will be different. I am mad that I didn't get it done, but I expect it will be done by Monday. so I am excited about that.I will check in with

A Lovely Year of Finishes


Oh well... I will try to finish it soon, but tomorrow I am ready for another UFO for February and I am hopeful I will get it done.





No comments: