Monday, December 31, 2012

2nd Challenge

Yikes... My heart stopped momentarily, my brain went into a tailspin, I couldn't speak, I WAS STUNNED! I opened my email and read... the 2nd Challenge:

 Clean up a pile.
 
Well... I was expecting another finish something challenge... Clean up a pile!!!! I knew she wasn't talking about snow or dishes. I was pretty sure it was all about fabric and my sewing room. UGGGG.
 
So off I went to start the pile search. I am usually pretty good about cleaning up after I complete a project, but since I am trying to get my PHD  (Projects Half Finished) I don't complete nearly as many as I start so there are always lots of piles. But its a good thing I didn't have to do this December 1st, cause I would have been backing away, screaming, TALK TO THE HAND! cause there were piles everywhere and this little challenge would have totally got passed by.
 
But as luck would have it, I had cleaned up considerably in the last week or so, so not much to worry about on this one. OK, well maybe a little to worry about.
 
I have 5 days to do this challenge so
I started yesterday with this.
I didn't spend much time on it, because I was anxious to get going on a new Craftsy class I wanted to try. But I picked up in between steps and was starting to feel good till I realized I had created another pile.
 
This was taking on a whole new look:
 
 
 
While what once was this:
 
 
 
Had become this:
 
 
 
Well I can't leave the new pile so today's job will be to fix the bed of the Gammill... Don't you hate when there is all that empty space just calling to be piled!! 
 
And I haven't even looked at the third challenge yet.  I guess that will be for later today!
 
Notion Nanny's tip of the day.
 
Any of you who know me, know I love gadgets, whether they are true Quilting gadgets or Wannabe Quilting gadgets.
 
Well today's tip is definitely a wannabe...
 
I found this tip on a great little blog. "Sew Many Ways" which she had posted way back in 2009. She had a whole lot of chairs to paint so she bought an Aerosol Spray Trigger Handle. All I could think of was Spray Baste and Spray Starch... hmmmm.  So off I went to Home Hardware and there were 2 left on the shelf. I bought them both, came home and...
 
 
 
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!  (The other one is on my spray baste!)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: