Thursday, January 6, 2011

Week 1 of 52 weeks....What are you most proud of?

This is the x Block Quilt, which I call 'all over the Place". I backed it with Dora Fabric, quilted  it and gave it to my granddaughter Avery for Christmas.
I have not had a lot of time this week to get things done.  Its year end at CxCanada... and the boss has been busy giving me things to do....

I did start on this weeks project. The theme was given to me by Emily Falconbridge, Through  Dale Anne Potter. they have been making cards and tags, but quilting is really my thing, so I decided to make a 52 week quilt with 6" blocks.... so every week (not necessarily completed each week but hopefully by months end I will always be up to date) I will plan a little 6" block around a question.   The list can be found on Dale Annes blog if you are interested in following along. ...

From Left to right... me, Kris, Scot, Susan and Kevyn
This week was very difficult because there are a lot of things I am proud of, but the "MOST" proud of... well that was hard... But I landed on my children, Kevyn, Kris, Scot and Susan who I adore and I am most proud of the way they have grown up and become very successful adults. So my block will revolve around them. Its all together in my mind, but not quite into fabric yet... Tomorrow I plan to have a sew day with myself and I will diligently work on that 6" block.

I also mentioned this year I want to make 12 Quilts. That has been a mind struggle all week.

1 - I want to make 1 quilt by hand... took me about 100 magazines to find the one I wanted to make... I am going to cut templates this week and test a block this weekend. Once I have done my test, and if it seems like a doable thing, I will get some more of it cut and  it will be my evening handwork and travelling project for this year.... That's 1.

Hexagon magic from Australian Patchwork and Quilting vol 16 no 11

2 to 5 -  I want to make 4 seasonal quilts... one for each season... approx 25" square to hang on a quilt rack I have in my Kitchen that is empty... has been for 3 years.  I am going to find a nice wintery one to do at the end, but I am going to start with spring so I can hang it in Late March... I have a theme... each one will have flowers... something seasonal since I don't have a green thumb and kill anything living... I will bring my flower garden into the house with fabric.

6 - I have a wedding quilt to make... by June..

7 to 9 - 3 grandchildren still don't have quilts so they are on my list for this year.

10 - I am going to dig through my "Bought the fabric, but never made the quilt box" and finish 1 of them

11. My 52 week memory quilt

12 Something fun and fanciful, out of my box, full of colour and oddities!

Also I would love to do some UFO's but by the looks of this I won't have much time.... oh well.

So there is my commitment to me... lets see how I do!

The last word... I have been really enjoying Wayne Kollingers blog... thought you might like it too!

No comments: