Thursday, August 26, 2010

Busy week

Baby Ethan... not sure he is making good choices on who to hang out with, but his daddy is a fan so I am sure he will follow along!
What a busy week... Susan had her baby and mom and baby are doing fine. But Oma is tired... LOL. I looked after the 2 little ones left at home patiently awaiting the return of mommy, daddy and baby. I wish I had half their energy. Friday was supposed to be a get back to normal day but it didn't quite happen that way. Everyone needed to catch up so lots of phone calls and very little time in the sewing room.

But I did have a moment to work on a quilt for a friend. She is volunteering at Interval house and asked me to quilt a quilt for her that the house will auction to raise money for the quilting program. I have to say that some how, working on that quilt gave me a great feeling. It wasn't easy, I will tell you!. My thread kept breaking, and all though I did everything I could think of, it just wasn't playing nice. I persevered and put a song in my heart, because I knew it was all going to be good in the end, and I felt like I was doing something really special. It's almost finished and Sharon will pick it up tomorrow, and I am glad I took the time to do it. But I have to say... quilting around those little hands and feet, made my heart bleed just a little...

Saturday I worked on some embroidery I want to get finished  and Sunday I booked my flight to Alberta.

Monday I ordered some beautiful "pots" from my niece in Nelson BC.... I can't wait to get them! She is so talented and creative. http://cbculturetour.com/artists_2010/artist-8O.htm 
Shannon's Ewer...
The rest of the week has been a train wreck! Unless you are a strong non believer, you will understand when I say there has a been a full moon all week!!!  I have not been able to do anything right, so I stopped doing everything. I leave today at 8 to go to my nieces wedding and I haven't even started to pack yet and we leave in about 4 hours. I got up so early today and came down into the kitchen just as my brother was making his lunch for work. He had left a cupboard open and yes you guessed it... I ran into. I have a cut on my forehead, a huge headache and I foresee a fairly ugly bruise to go with it... Just in time for family pictures at the wedding!!!

Anyway, I am off to do some billings and while I am away I will be on the watch for some new things to tell you about when I get back... September first is the end of my summer vacation and I will be back to work. I am planning on setting some studio time aside each day with a huge do not disturb sign on my door so look out world... A Creative River may flow!!!

See you next week after the wedding...

1 comment:

Sharon said...

and what a fine job you did on the quilt - can't wait to see how much it brings in.....

Thanks again Gail it is and will always be very much appreciated.

Sharon