Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sew day - Yahoo!

I am going to sew today, again. I need to be at my machine.

I have had two very stressful days and although I believe it is all part of being in business, I just get so frustrated when people get nasty before they even have a clue what's going on. Sometimes I think it would be easier just to lock the doors and hide away but I think I will just spend the day sewing instead.

Sometimes I feel the need to preach and today is one of those days. If you don't want to hear it, stop reading now!!!!!

As Canadians,  I think that supporting your local quilt stores should be every one's highest priority. Second to that is shopping in Canada. If we all stop supporting our quilt stores we won't have any. And it's not just our local store down the street. I believe that variety is the spice of life and me shopping in 20 different Quilt stores in 20 different communities, helps keep QUILTING alive. When I travel in Canada, I like to book classes in stores I have never been to. Every new teacher adds a small slice of knowledge to your quilting experience. And having a new quilting business, open in a community close to you can only bring more people to your shop, because what you can't get in one place you may be able to get in another. Working together promotes quilting, pulling apart destroys the image of quilting... which has always been women ( and men) supporting each other and working together to a greater end. And when the people in retail quilting start bickering... customers leave (and especially in Quilting communities so close to the American border)..our quilting dollars are put into American Quilt Stores. I have started a quilting business to add to our quilting community, and I intend to help support other LQS's in my area, not to hurt them. So I am not positive of what they are afraid of, but I for one will continue to support the local stores in my area and I hope you will too.

Here in Napanee, we have Country Quarter Quilt Shop, in Harrowsmith we have Wilton Creek Fabrics, in Kingston we have Garden Time and Quilt and Stitch,and in Belleville we have Fun with Stitches.  And if you can't find a certain notion in any of these shops, check out my web store. Maybe I will be able to fill the gap.

I am excited to work together with my local quilt store to increase your Quilting pleasure.

Here endeth the lesson...

No comments: