Monday, June 21, 2010

The Nutcracker... done at last... but not Quilted!

I have had a very busy weekend. I spent most of it working on my store website. I loaded all the products that have arrived so far and it took me the better part of Saturday and Sunday to do it. But the good news is... I am expecting more this week! So stay tuned... www.mystore.notionnanny.ca

Thursday and Friday were great sew days last week. I worked on the Nutcracker and it is finally finished. Now all I have left to do is quilt it. but it won't be today or tomorrow. I am on my way to my friend Laila's for a two day sew fest. I have been looking forward to this for weeks and now it is finally here. I phoned Laila yesterday to firm up all the arrangements, but I could hear it in her voice that she was thinking I was calling to cancel. tee hee... fooled you! I am really coming. I am very excited, all packed and ready to go. I am taking a project that I have wanted to try... one of the square in a square quilts. I thought it would be a good time to try it out as normally I look around my sewing room and think I have enough on the go. So this will be a great opportunity to work on it and see if I like the technique. You'll hear, I am sure!

Speaking of trying things out, I am taking my new Gypsy Sit Upon as well. In fact I am sitting on it as we speak. I always have back issues and I have tried every ergonomic chair that has come on the market to help straighten my spine while I sit. (remember those chairs that you knelt on.. hmmmmm!) this is kinda bumpy though, although the longer I sit on it the less I notice. And it is squishy... as you move it sort of rolls under your behind. When you lean forward or side to side,  it comes with you but it seems to keep pressure under your tailbone. The box says," Sit comfortably for hours while quilting, sewing, reading, driving and more. Softly inflated flexible disc prevents fatigue (good news!) and reduces pressure on the tailbone. Helps relieve lower back pain, strengthens core muscles (if you have any left) and improves posture. Nubby texture ( the little bumbs I was telling you about) allows cooling air flow, and promotes improved blood circulation.(hmmmm more blood to my butt... interesting) Durable purple rubberized material remains soft and pliable. One size fits all! (Good news there! LOL) "

Well so far it seems to be working but we will see when I have "Sat Upon" it for a while..

I am off to sew, unlikely I will be here tomorrow, but you never know. CYA!

2 comments:

Heather said...

The nutcrackers are amazing. I have a kit for a single nutcracker block and its sat in my sewing room for years. After seeing your quilt, I really should pull it out and get it made up .

Unknown said...

Congratulations on finishing your nutcracker!! I remember how excited you were when you saw the one that inspired you to do it. Way to go!!